The Benefits of Green Smoothies for Weight Loss

صورة ذات صلة
So, when trying to figure out what to eat, it became clear to me that processed, overly salty, overly sugary, and takeout foods were highly acidic. On the no-go list.

On a regular family night, my uncle Harry was talking about the PH of his swimming pool. He added this and that to try and make it perfect. And he was getting to be really great at it too. My aunt was thrilled that he had the mix so good. It didn’t sting her eyes, and her hair didn’t go green anymore. Thank goodness!

And then I had a light-bulb moment… my cells need to be like a swimming pool! They are made up of liquid that can only come from my drinks and my food. What I eat; they eat, simply speaking.

I laughed at the association, but it helped me to keep it in the forefront of my mind. Each cell is like a tiny swimming pool, needing the love and care from its ingestion of minerals or salts. And to be tended to properly, every day, so it can remain germ free, look good, and function as water in a pool should. No wonder people who don’t eat well have so many problems. Their bodies (on the inside) are murky, stagnant, and unable to function at their highest level. This image has stuck with me for a very long time. And it’s great to help me remember my cells and their needs. Because after all, they run the entire show! My body

The alkaline diet (through the use of smoothies) helps to not only get your body’s PH level back to where it should be, but also to maintain this for the long term.

In essence, your PH level changes from hour to hour, depending on the foods that you eat. The meaning of PH is: Potential of Hydrogen, and this is the measure of acidity or alkalinity within the body. You can use litmus paper to test it.
It is worth noting, that when acidity in the body raises, the levels of minerals fall. So, you could see a level of between 5 and 7 when acidity takes over. We want to aim for a PH of around 7.4.

Due to food being mass-industrialized over the last couple of hundred years, food crops now contain less chloride, magnesium, and potassium, with increases in sodium, unfortunately.

If you happen to be vegetarian or vegan, this diet plan can easily work for you because the food contents are nearly all vegetables and fruits. The recipes included have been adapted with weight loss and detoxification in mind. Either way, you can add to them, because they are designed so that they are highly adaptable and useful for variation in tastes, so there is something there that will satisfy your appetite. Add a nice snack to breakfasts, lunches and dinners, and make sure your smoothie is the central appeal. I always tell people to make sure they add some meat, fish and protein (like chicken or pork). You want to achieve your goals safely, with health always in the forefront of your mind.

Comments

Popular Posts